Do you have a bachelor’s degree and want to make a positive change in the lives of children? A career in teaching could be one of the most rewarding things you do. The College of Education and Human Sciences is committed to the personal and professional development of both our current students and other professionals. The Alternative Certification program at Louisiana Tech University offers a pathway to teacher certification with a Master of Arts in Teaching degree. This program is designed for persons who already have obtained a bachelor’s degree in a non-teaching area of study and who are now ready to teach in a PK-12 school.
The MAT program requires a full-year internship aligned with Louisiana Tech’s TEAM (Teacher, Educators, and Mentors) Model. TEAM is an innovative approach to teacher preparation that replaces the traditional, single-term of student teaching with a full-year clinical residency in local schools.
How are we different?
The Clinical Residency & Recruitment Center provides the following resources to all MAT Candidates:
- Praxis Exam Study Materials
- On-Going Professional Development throughout program
- Regular teaching feedback from Louisiana Tech faculty via SWIVL technology
- A TEAM approach to success
Cost and Aid
Just like on-campus students, Tech Online students may be eligible for admission, departmental, or private scholarships. Louisiana residents may also be eligible for the Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) scholarships awarded by the State of Louisiana. For more information about scholarships, please visit the Office of Financial Aid website.
The Tech Online program is very unique in that there is flat fee per credit hour. There are no additional fees.
Graduate programs cost $475 per credit hour.
- Early Childhood Education (Grades PK-3)
- Elementary Education (Grades 1-5)
- General Special Education Mild/Moderate (Grades 1-5)
- Middle School Education (Grades 4-8)
- Secondary Education (6-12)
- Special Education – Visually Impaired